i shall put up a few recipes for raya and and for buka puasa.
We shall start with a rather simple buka puasa dish,
NASI LEMAK WITH SAMBAL TUMIS IKAN BILIS
Ingredients for the rice
Coconut milk 200g
Onion 4nos or 100g
Lemongrass 1 stick
- Wash the rice thouroughly.
- Add in coconut milk into rice and fill up with water and make sure liquid is enough to cover the rice.(approximately 200ml coconut milk + 150-200ml water)
- Slightly pound the garlic onionand lemongrass and add into rice and cook.
- REMEMBER TO TURN ON THE RICE COOKER OR THE RICE WILL NEVER COOK!!!!!
Ingredients for sambal tumis ikan bilisLemongrass 3 talks
Tamarind paste 50g (dilute in 200ml of water)
Cooking oil 100g
Cili boh(chilly paste) 300g
- First, blend lemongrass, onions, ginger, shallot and garlic together until totally crushed.
- Heat up the oil in a wok and turn to low fire when wok is heated.
- Pour in the blended items and tumis until fragrant
- Add in cili boh and continue to tumis until a layer of oil is seen above the chilly mixture.
- Then, add in the water diluted from the tamarind paste .
- Lastly add in water and bring to boil and
- Voila, SAMBAL TUMIS IS READY
To explain in brief, the sambal tumis goes well with almost any fried item(e.g. fried chicken, fried fish, fried anchovies and fried egg)
As a matter of preference, some may want to boil some kangkung to go with the nasi lemak
PS: THE ABOVE RECIPE SERVES UP TO 5 PORTIONS ON THE NOWM QUANTITY.