THe special of the day would be ayam masak merah with nasi tomato
This dish is quite famous not only among the malay population
but it is also favoured by most Malaysians..
i have come across this recipe that is simple and easy to prepare
AYAM MASAK MERAH
INgredients for gravy
chicken (1 whole chicken into 10 pieces cut)
lemongrass 2 sticks
Star anise 2 nos
Cinnamon 2 sticks
Clove 5-6 nos
Cardammon 2 nos
Chilly boh 400grams
CHilly sauce 200grams
Tomato sauce 100grams
evaporated milk 1/2 can
Pre fried the chicken pieces and leave aside
- Blend the lemongrass, onion and garlic into paste.
- saute the paste together with the star anise, cinnamon, clove and cardommon until fragrant.
- add in the chilly boh and tomato paste and cook until a layer of oil appears on the top.
- next, add in the tomato and chilly sauce and stir until well mixed.
- Finally, add in the evaporated milk and season with sugar and salt up to taste.
- add in the chicken( add in the pre-fried chicken) and cook for at least 15 minutes by leaving to simmer.
tomato paste 300grams
tomato sauce 100grams
pandan leaf 1 nos
salt to taste
cinnamon stick 1 stick
water enough to cover rice
- wash the rice
- saute the tomato paste and tomato sauce together with rice and add in the cinnamon.
- put rice into rice cooker together with the rest of the ingredients with the water the same proportion as the rice.
- leave to cook... while waiting for the rice to cook remember to make a cool glass of lemonade to relax...
ENJOY THE MEAL